“Submission to Exhibit” at The Lawrence House Centre for The Arts, 2020
The Lawrence House Centre for the Arts (LHCA) invites submissions to exhibit in the Main Gallery and/or Turret Room (Gallery) to its members for the 2020 exhibition cycle. Exhibition opportunities of one month in duration are available for September and October of each year. The LHCA welcomes proposals from artists of all disciplines and career levels. The call is open to all LHCA members who reside or work in Lambton County and who have not had a solo show at the gallery in the past 3 years. Consideration is extended to both solo or two-person proposals. Interest may be directed as an application to exhibit in either the Main Gallery, The Turret Room (upstairs), or to occupy both areas in one concurrent exhibit. The month(s) and year(s) you wish to be considered for should be indicated in the online application form.
If you would like to become a member, Memberships can be obtained at the LHCA at 127 Christina Street S, Sarnia Ontario. To view the various Memberships available, click the link.
The LHCA Gallery seeks to foster Visual Arts in our community through its support of local artists. Our aim is to encourage the creation and appreciation of Visual Arts in Sarnia Lambton and to facilitate professional growth for emerging and established artists through exhibition opportunities. We are most interested in works/projects that are current, skillful and impactful. The main criterion for selections is to fulfill our mandate.
- Open to all members of The Lawrence House Centre for the Arts residing or working in Lambton County who have not had a solo exhibition at the LHCA in the past 3 years.
- All submissions must be completed using the online, interactive form and be emailed, in PDF form, to email@example.com.
- In the comment space , identify your email application as “Application to Exhibit 2020”
- Five good quality JPEG images of your work must be attached to your entry.
- All artworks must be original, not made under instruction or copied from another source
- All submissions must be emailed by midnight on Monday, February 28, 2020. Paper mailed submissions will not be accepted.
- The LHCA receives a 25% commission on all sales resulting from the exhibition.
- Artists who accept an invitation to exhibit grant the LHCA right to use images of artworks for publicity, reference, social media and website exhibition advertising purposes.
- Successful applicants will be required to complete a contract with The Lawrence House Centre for the Arts.
Insurance of artworks while on exhibit is the responsibility of the artist(s).
Complete Submissions forms must include:
- A fully completed application form
- 5 JPEGS of existing and/or proposed work (good quality images, but can be small file size as they will be viewed on a computer)
- PDF attachments including: Artist Biography, CV, and written proposal
* All required documentation must be completed and submitted on the same date as you submit your online application form (below).
Successful applicants will be contacted on or before Sunday, March 31, 2020. Only applicants who have fulfilled all requirements for application will be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted by email or phone. All members will be notified of awarded exhibitions via email and our website.
If you have any questions concerning the application process, or if you require assistance with the online submission of your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 519- 337-0507.