History

The Lawrence House was built in 1892 by William Lawrence, a local lumber baron, and was occupied by the Lawrence Family until 1940.The house remained uninhabited, yet fully furnished, until 1977 when it was donated to the City of Sarnia by Mr. and Mrs. Carroll Lawrence. Through generous donations from the Suncor Energy Foundation and the City of Sarnia, the house was fully restored in 1986. The Lawrence House Centre for the Arts officially opened its doors on June 17, 2001, providing a venue for performances, exhibitions, educational programs and special activities for all ages.

Scroll to Top