THE LAWRENCE HOUSE CENTRE FOR THE ARTS
ASSISTANT TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, FULL-TIME SUMMER STUDENT
JULY and AUGUST 2021
The Lawrence House Centre for the arts is a community based, independent, not-for-profit, charitable organization committed to encouraging the creation and appreciation of the visual, performing and literary arts in Sarnia-Lambton. Located in the historic Lawrence House, built in 1892 and fully restored in 1986, the Centre is run by a volunteer-based Board of Governors and team of working volunteers. The Centre provides a venue for performances, exhibitions, educational programs and special activities for all ages.
In this era of COVID-19 we seek to expand our online presence through the enhancement of our existing web site and social media accounts.
The assistant to the board of directors responsibilities will include:
- Updating and managing gift shop and gallery inventory in Shopify;
- Updating and maintaining social media accounts;
- Monitoring and responding to email correspondence;
- Developing and writing procedures and instructions for Centre volunteers;
- Assisting with audio and video recording for online platforms;
- When working physically at the Lawrence House, greeting the public, processing sales through Shopify and answering the telephone.
- Computer skills and writing experience in Microsoft Windows and Office, WordPress web site design, Shopify or other database applications, social media platforms and Zoom.
- Multimedia skills in photography, video and music recording and streaming
- Knowledge of the human factors in designing and implementing required elements of the Centre website.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-starter: ability to identify, initiate and implement necessary tasks to fulfill the responsibilities of the job within the given time-frame.
- Interest in the visual, literary and musical arts.
- Understanding of promoting the arts to the general public.
Credentials and Experience:
- Registered for the fall term of an accredited community college certificate or diploma or university degree program.
- Experience in designing and implementing websites, in online retail sales and in customer service.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada;
- Must be available for full-time work during the months of July and August 2021.
Terms of the position:
- The position entails 30 hours of work per week at $14.25/hour for 9 weeks.
- The work may be done remotely from the student’s residence or at the Lawrence House or a combination of both depending on requirements dictated by safely preventing the spread of COVID-19, as arranged with the Board.
- To apply, please fill out and submit the form below.
- The application deadline is extended to Sunday, July 4th, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.